Project started in Sept. 2016
Have your Discord voice chat interact with Twitch streamers!
Displays the active speakers of your voice chat in discord on stream!
FREE to use!
Works with OBS and Xsplit (tested) Browser source
Dynamically editable in your broadcasting software
Use custom pixel art portraits for each active speaker
Characters fall asleep after a period of inactivity
Integrates with twitch chat (commands, point system)
SETTING UP THE FIRST TIME
Go to: https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me and follow the following steps
- Add a “New Application“
- Create a “Bot User“
- Give the bot a name that will be seen in your discord and click on “Create Application“
- Make sure the bot is set as “public” and click on “Add Redirect URI“.
- Add the following Redirect URI: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID&scope=bot&permissions=0 and replace “YOUR_CLIENT_ID” by the client ID# displayed on top of the page. Reveal the token and copy it for later. Click on “Save Changes”.
- Copy/Paste and go to the URI created in 5) in your browser and select the server to authorize bot.
Step by Step Guide
LAUNCH THE OVERLAY
- Open OBS (tested with Studio 0.16.2)
- In your scene, add a source and choose “Browser Source”
- In the properties window for the Browser source, under URL, enter: https://nativepixels.itch.io/overlay-z or http://overlayzbeta.bitballoon.com/ (alternate) . Enter the size of your screen resolution in the width and height fields (1920×1080 recommended). leave FPS at 30.
- Right click the source and go to “Filters”. Add a “Color Key” filter and in the properties, select a key color and use the eye dropper tool to select the overlay background color on screen. Make sure to set the similarity to the lowest settings to only remove the background color.
- To Interact with the responsive overlay in OBS, right click on the source and select “Interact”. A new window will open, in which you can use the mouse/keyboard to customize the overlay.
- Press “`” to open the settings console.
USE THE OVERLAY
- Once Prompted, enter the following:
- Discord username (ex: Joe)
- Room name (Discord Voice Chat)
- Token (reveal it at https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me )
- Click on “Next”
- In the Twitch login screen, you can skip directly to the overlay without using Twitch commands and Twitch games. The overlay will work with Discord features. Enter the following:
- Twitch username
- oauth password ( generate it at: https://twitchapps.com/tmi/ )
- Click on “Go”
- Access the console Menu via the commands ( http://nativepixels.com/overlayz-commands/ )